Approved by NCBTMB and FL BOM for a maximum of 6 CE hours. Not approved for NY BOM or LABMT massage therapists. CE Broker #20-500428
Explore the history of phantom limb pain and the treatments that prove successful in its relief.
This course teaches the following:
- History related to the phantom limb phenomenon.
- Causes, risks, symptoms, prevention, diagnoses, treatments, and medication.
- Types of pain and treatments, and how and when massage helps.
- Phantom limb pain versus phantom limb sensations.
- Virtual Massage, a/k/a Mirror Box Therapy used for phantom limb clients.
- Designing and adjusting protocols to fit the phantom limb client’s needs.
- Dangers and concerns when wearing prosthetics.
- The extraordinary advancement of prosthetics.
- Related psychological dynamics, including candid stories from amputees.
- When and why to team with other professionals.
- Research associated with phantom limb pain.
- VA research projects associated with massage therapy.
*Please be sure of your purchase and be aware that there is no refund for downloadable homestudy material.*